Durable Red Cedar wooden gates
Our Thame gates are made from premier Western Red Cedar. Cedar is recognised as the one of the world’s most durable woods, due to its low shrinkage factor and high resistance against moisture damage and decay.
The boards are laid on an inner frame within the larger steel box skeleton, and secured to the metal construction by three stainless steel coach bolts that give the gate its recognisable studded appearance. The steel frame allows the gate to support any system of gate automation, either swing or sliding.
- Outer frame (swing): 40mm x 40mm steel box
- Outer frame (sliding): 50 x 50mm steel box
- Inner frame: 20 x 6mm steel
- Cross Brace: 40mm x 40mm steel angle
- Timber: Western Red Cedar
- Boards: 20mm tongue and grooved
- Construction: boards bolted to inner frame, cross braced using stainless steel and coach bolts