Wychwood School commissioned the New Driveway Company to carry out two projects in the Summer of 2016.
Firstly we removed an old, unused patio of some eighty square metres, replacing it with Cotswold stone paving. The plan was to completely renovate the area with a fresh, modern feel, creating an area to eat, entertain and barbecue in the warmer months.
Included in the area was a corridor leading to a classroom entrance that had sunk and become very uneven.
Secondly we created a small path to make access easier to one of the main buildings.
The work needed to be carried out during school holidays, but care had to be taken to ensure that the area remained safe for those still using the campus.
- Branch responsible for work: Oxford
- Client name: Wychwood School (Andrea Johnson, Head Teacher)
- Client address: Banbury Rd, Summertown, Oxford
- Date completed: Summer 2016
- Duration: 5 Days
- Removal of old 80 square metre patio
- Creation of new Indian Sandstone patio
- Rectified sunken patio drainage
- New pathway
- Indian Sandstone in Fossil colour
- Bradstone Driveway blocks for pathway in Autumn colour
“We are delighted by the results and the highly competitive price. Ben and his team carried out the job efficiently and politely, marking off the area of work, working safely and removing all the debris in a timely fashion. Darren also helped us remove some old school equipment by hiring skips and labour for us at short notice, and again this was all carried out quickly and efficiently. Where we had one concern over a raised edge on the path, this was rectified immediately.
I would recommend the New Driveway Company for similar projects and would not hesitate to use them again. We now have a beautiful multi-functional area for working outside in the summer, picnics, barbecues and somewhere to chill and chat during breaks, replacing an ugly and dilapidated waste of space.”
– Mrs Andrea Johnson, Headmistress