The New Driveway Company was asked to create a large patio area at the rear of this property in West Hagbourne, Oxfordshire. The patio had to be a focal point for the house and the client wanted to create a space with a real wow-factor.
In addition to this, we rebuilt 2 retaining walls at the entrance to the property with a stunning bow-mouth entrance to the driveway. Two areas of fencing completed the project.
The house was situated on the main road through this small village and building the walls and bow-mouth driveway just off this road caused access and safety issues.
As well as this, the client also owned a HUGE dog that looked more like a Grizzly bear! Fortunately, she possessed a personality more akin to a Teddy Bear!
The project was the largest patio that we have completed and the use of porcelain stone made the project tricky. Porcelain is an expensive natural product that does not discolour and is very strong – meaning that creating the flowing curves of the design was difficult and time consuming. The look was to be very contemporary and the lines needed to be precise.
“The project has been completed to a high standard and we are very happy with the final project. Terry and Kyle were excellent with the patio installation and it has been built to a very high standard. Jamie was straight with us throughout the process and was approachable and consistent throughout the design, build and invoicing stages.”
– Mr & Mrs Wright, Main Street, West Hagbourne
- Branch responsible for work: Oxford
- Client name: Mr & Mrs Wright
- Client address: Main Street, West Hagbourne
- Date completed: 6th September 2016
- Duration: 20 days
- Terram weed-proof membrane
- Type 1 Limestone
- Porcelain stone slabs for main patio area
- Porcelain edging blocks for main patio area
- Bradstone stone walling for retaining walls
- Woburn Rumbled Blocks – charcoal