Create a dramatic entrance with the Dorchester wooden gates
The Dorchester gate is a cross between the stunning cedar timber of the Thame gate and the splendour of the Radley wrought iron gate. Customer-inspired, the gate features the iron scroll decorations of the Radley gate mounted along the top. Much like the Thame gate, the boards of the Dorchester gate are laid over and firmly secured onto an inner frame within the larger steel box skeleton.
This is achieved with three stainless steel coach bolts, giving the gate its instantly recognisable studded appearance. The solid steel construction allows the gate to support any system of gate automation, either swing or sliding.
- Outer frame (swing): 40mm x 40mm steel box
- Outer frame (sliding): 50mm x 50mm steel box
- Inner frame: 20 x 6mm steel
- Cross Brace: 40mm x 40mm steel angle
- Timber: Western Red Cedar
- Boards: 20mm tongue and grooved
- Construction: boards bolted to inner frame, cross braced using stainless steel and coach bolts
- Features: topped by wrought iron scrolls
“New Driveway Company were incredibly helpful all the way through. When Jamie came to measure up he wasn’t at all pushy, which tends to put me off, just very helpful and very pleasant.”
They were polite, friendly, and very hard working. Darren and Jamie were always around if there were any problems and they checked in throughout the work to make sure I was happy.
– Pam Scanlan, Abingdon, Oxfordshire